Man charged over 'terror plan' and attempting to bring back the Death EatersEdit
~ The headline in the Daily Prophet just today
A 24-year-old man has been charged over an alleged plan to bring back Death Eaters that were thrown into Azakban Prison.
Gregory Goyle has also been charged, along with his uncle Michael Goyle, 22, both from Luton, over attempting to bring back the Death Eaters in London. Prosecutors said the men were charged with the intention of committing acts of terrorism. Both men will appear at Hogsmeade Magistrates' Court later on Tuesday.
Hermione Granger, Head of counter-terrorism at the Ministry of Magic, said: "It is alleged that Gregory Goyle and Michael Goyle had been planning on travelling to London to bring back the Death Eaters at Platform 9 and 3/4."
"It is further alleged that Gregory Goyle was planning a terrorist attack on Hogwarts Students returning to school in the UK and he has been charged with an additional terrorism offence to reflect this."
The men have been charged with three offence contrary to the Wizarding Terrorism Act 2006, dating between 1 August 2014 and 10 May 2015. The additional count faced by Gregory Goyle dates between 10 May 2015 and 14 July 2015.
The two men were arrested a week ago in an operation involving officers from the wizarding counter-terrorism network. Another man, in his late 20s, was also detained. He was released without charge on Monday night.
Searches were carried out at two addresses in the Luton area.